Wednesday, November 19, 2014

IN THE WORD DAILY
with Brother Rick

1 Corinthians 9: 22
  To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all [men], that I might by all means save some.

Since the the day that I knocked on my first door as part of organized soul winning, I found out that it takes something out of the ordinary to lead a person to someone they know nothing about. Then I realized that we, as Christians, are out of the ordinary. We are supposed to be different. We are supposed to be have something that others will desire. We are supposed to portray the marks of Jesus our Lord, who was a friend to sinners, a doctor to the sick, a healer of the blind, and encourager to the weak, and a preacher to the lost. Here in this text, Paul gives us the very reason that he is the greatest Christian that ever lived. Paul had the ability to put himself on the same level as those he witnessed to, in order to bring them to a saving knowledge of Christ.

The Bible tells us in 1 Corinthians 10: 23, “All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.” Paul understood that his ability to lead others to the Lord would hinge on his willingness to put his liberties in Christ aside and live his life to edify and encourage the weaker brother, and bring the lost to saving knowledge. In other words, Paul never went around banging on doors, and pointing fingers to the lost because of their lifestyle. Lost people do what they are supposed to do. But Paul loved people, Paul encouraged people. Paul enlightened people. Paul was a friend to sinners, just as Jesus was a friend to sinners. Bible separation does not suggest that we lock ourselves away and forget about the lost world. Bible separation suggests that we are in the world, but not part of the world.

 One thing that many of us lack when trying to live for Jesus and lead others to the Savior is common knowledge about the one who saved us. Paul had a story. If you notice in the entire book of Acts, Paul told the story of his conversion over and over. Whenever he was given the opportunity, he would give his testimony. When he was lost and undone without Christ, Jesus came to him. When he was weak in spirit, Christ would come to the rescue. When he needed provision, Jesus would supply all his needs according to his riches in glory. Before Paul could be an effective preacher and witness to the Gentiles, he had to live his testimony. How can we tell someone about the love of God when we show no love toward the lost? How can we tell someone about the mercy of God, when we show no mercy toward others? How can we tell the lost that God gives peace that passes all understanding, when we have no peace in our own lives? How can we tell a dying world that God is love, and tear each other apart like animals? How can we encourage others to be faithful, when we are part- timers? The answer to all of these questions is an emphatic, “WE CAN'T”.

 We need to learn that our liberties are not for us to abuse. We are to use our gifts and abilities to edify the body of Christ, and direct the lost to the Savior. Paul says, “If a man was hurting, I hurt with him.” “If a man was hungry, I fed him”. “If a man was cold, I clothed him”. “If a man was sick, I comforted him.” “If a man was seeking knowledge, I became the teacher”. “If a man just needed a shoulder to lean on, I became that shoulder.” “If a man needed to talk, I became the listener”. “To the weak, became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all [men], that I might by all means save some.”

There is much more to being an evangelical christian that sitting on the pew and writing a check.

Make yourself available to be all things to all men. A saved soul could be the result.

Have A Blessed Day!!!

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.