Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Salvation Brings Love

2 Thessalonians 3:5 – “And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.”
Happy Valentine’s Day!
You know, the world recognizes this day as a day of love – a day of caring – a day of chocolates – a day of flowers – a day of jewelry. It’s a day when young boys (and old men) turn their thoughts to the fairer sex. But the greatest love story was played out over two thousand years ago when Christ came to this earth and gave Himself on Calvary’s cross. It was an act of total love and compassion. 1 John 3:16 tells us, “Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us.” 1 John 4:7-8, “For love is of God … for God is love.” 1 John 4:10, “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his son.”

And as our thoughts turn to love – the love of God – the love of Christ – His eternal love, let us not forget that in His Word He tells us that He has imparted perfect love to us (1 John 2:5). In fact, He tells us in 1 John 4:17, “Perfect love casteth out fear.” In His Word He also commands us to love one another (1 John 3:11). In fact, one of the proofs that we are His is that we love the brethren. In His Word He also commands us who and what not to love – “love not the world, neither the things that are in the world (1 John 2:15).” In His Word He also commands us to love God – “We love him because he first loved us (1 John 4:19).” Love holds a special place in the Christian’s heart – “Now abideth faith, hope, charity [love], these three; but the greatest of these is charity [love] (1 Cor 13:13).” Love is also mentioned first in the manifestations of the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22 – “Love, joy, peace …”

So in this season as our thoughts turn to love, sure, love your spouse – love your boyfriend – love your girlfriend, but let us not forget the greatest Valentine – God’s love for us. Let us love Him more!


Because of His Love for Me

Once I was all alone and forgotten
Till the Saviour took me in and cared for me.
He washed my sins away,
Changed my nighttime into day,
Taught me of His love so full and free.

I was clothed in rags of sin when He found me;
In my own goodness such a stench filled the air.
When His name I did confess,
He gave me robes of righteousness.
Now I praise Him for His loving care.

On the road of sin and death I was wand’ring,
Not aware of the end that was my fate,
But when I knelt to pray,
He put my feet to stay
In the path that leads to Heaven’s gate.

I’ve been adopted in a royal family
Through His Grace so abundant and free.
I’ve been washed as white as snow,
And to Heaven I will go,
All because of Jesus’ love for me.
© 2006 Paul Stultz


Quote – “Love is an itch that it takes two to scratch.” – Evangelist Bobby Grubbs

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.