Friday, October 31, 2014

IN THE WORD DAILY
with Brother Rick

John 8: 42
  Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Throughout the history of the world, we have pondered and studied the mysteries of the universe. God created and we work to no end to disprove his work. God supplies and we spare no expense to explain it away with man's wisdom or should I say lack of. God gives us in detail the events that will destroy this earth. But that's not good enough, we use global warming as a way to control lives, rob hard working people, and serve a political end. 2 Peter 3: 10 says, “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and  the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.” That's the end of the story, friend. No need to consult an astrophysicist. God says it and that settles it. But apparently not for the majority.

In the text, Jesus is speaking to the Jews about liberty. He tells them in 8: 32, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”  The Jews then claimed to be the children of Abraham. But Jesus tells them, “If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man who hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your Father”, John 8: 39- 41. Here's the message, the Jews tell Jesus in verse 41 that they only have on Father, even God. Then Jesus gives them one of the most controversial statements of all time. This flies directly in the face of the wisdom of man. It contradicts the teachings in most Bible colleges. It is heresy to the secular education system as we know it. It has caused the death of millions and will cause many more. Never has one statement affected so many lives as the words of Jesus in two verses. One is John 14: 6, which says, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.” The other is our text. Jesus says, “If God is your Father, ye will love me”. Try to tell that to your boss. Try to tell that to your college professor. Try to spread that message down at the public school. Jesus tells them that there is no going to heaven, unless you love me. You can't see God, unless you love me. You can't have eternal life, unless you love me. You can't be a child of God, unless you love me. Here's the question of the week, “WHO'S YOUR DADDY?”

This doctrine will be the great separator at the end of this age. Those who have loved Jesus will stand before the Bema Seat, (Judgment seat of Christ). And those who refuse to accept God's Son will stand before God at the Great White Throne Judgment. That's it, there are no other paths, there are no other ways, it's that simple. 2 Corinthians 11: 3 says, “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.” No need to complicate the issue, it's Jesus or nothing, it's heaven or hell, It's life or death. We will be bombarded even today with devils who claim to be children of God, but hate the thought of having to go through Jesus. Their end is destruction.

I certainly do my best to give truth in these devotions, some say that I come off a bit rough, but the reality is this, I desire to see folks trust in Jesus. I pray that my lost family will trust in Jesus. I pray that my coworkers and those who I spend countless hours with, will trust Jesus. I pray that my church family will make Jesus preeminent in all that they do. It's all about Jesus. The life I once knew is over. I have a new life now, and it hinges on the death, burial, and resurrection of the Savior of the world, the only begotten Son of God, the God-man, Christ Jesus. He is the only way. “If God were your Father, ye would love me”. Some powerful words from our Lord. Do you love him?

If there is one thing that you need to nail down today, it's the fact that God is your Father and Jesus is Lord. That's really all that matters.

Have A Blessed Day!!!

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.