Monday, October 20, 2014

IN THE WORD DAILY
with Brother Rick

 Luke 1: 1
  Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

We begin today in the gospel account of the “beloved physician”, Luke. He was a frequent companion of the apostle Paul, and accompanied him in his missionary work. Luke was an evangelist and he is the author of this gospel as well as the book of Acts. The book was written primarily to the Greek Gentile believers. The theme of Luke's gospel is the humanity of Christ. The key phrase is “Son of man”. The key verse is found in 19: 10, “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost”.

Our text deals with the basis of our knowledge of Christ and the foundation of the Christian faith. The men who were moved by God to write the sixty-six books of the Bible, and in this case the first hand accounts of the life of Christ, were witnesses and were inspired by the Holy Ghost to write what they knew to be true. 2 Peter 1: 21 says, “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” These men had first hand knowledge of the life, death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. They were witnesses. They knew what they were talking about. If you are called into a court of law and asked to be a witness. They will not accept hear say evidence. You must report the facts as you know them. The court wants to know what you have seen and heard. You will have a hard time leading people to Jesus if you have not actually met the Savior.

Throughout the scriptures, we find people who had first hand knowledge of the saving grace of Jesus, the Son of God. Look at the blind man in John 9. Verse 24, 25 says, “Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner. He answered and said, whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: but one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.” This man was not an educated man. He was not a pillar of society. He was not the front runner in the political arena. He was not a Theology major. He was an ordinary man, and because of his physical deformity, we was an outcast to the religious crowd. But praise God, Jesus don't call the fit, he fits the call. This man had first hand knowledge of a compassionate God. He met Jesus face to face.

I know a man who was held in the clutches of sin for 34 years, he was a drug addict for 25, he was a liar and a thief. At times, he was homeless and destitute. He had no hope in this world, and lived as a pauper. But praise God, one day he met the Savior. He has first hand knowledge of the power of the Son of God. That's right, it was me!! I know he lives, because I have met him. I talked to him this morning. I had fellowship with him just yesterday, and he spoke to me through his word. I am a witness of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am not speaking on hear say, I'm not taking the world's view, I know him personally. I'm not taking maw maw's word for it. I know him for myself. Philippians 3: 9, 10 says, “And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;” I'm glad I know him.

What is your witness of the Savior? Are you riding the coattails of the preacher to heaven? Sorry! You won't make it. Are you trusting in grandpa's salvation to cover you when this life is over? Sorry! That just won't work. Are you trusting in church membership, baptism, or the traditions of religion to get you to heaven? Sorry, friend, that's not the way. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father but by him. Have you met him? Do you have first hand knowledge?

Don't put it off any longer, get to know the Savior of the world. His name is Jesus, and he IS the dearest friend I ever had.

Have A Blessed Day!!!

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.