Tuesday, November 4, 2014

IN THE WORD DAILY
with Brother Rick

John 20: 27, 28
  Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
V- 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

In this text, we find a man, Thomas, who finally came to the realization that Jesus was exactly who he said he was. Even though Thomas had witnessed many miracles, heard many sermons, watched Jesus control the elements and raise people from the dead, it wasn't until he saw the resurrected Christ, that he gave in to his skepticism and surrendered completely. Jesus says in John 8: 24, “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.” Notice the context of this verse. Jesus is speaking to the Jews about his deity. He says in John 8: 12, “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” Who can light the world but God only? John 8: 18 says, “I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.” Jesus came from the Father, Jesus came from heaven. Who could accomplish such a miracle but God? Then in John 8: 19, he makes a statement that shakes the Jews to their core. The verse says, “Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.” Jesus makes himself equal with God. In Philippians, chapter 2, we find the doctrine of “Kenosis”, which means (emptying). Christ emptied himself and took on the form and limitations of humanity. Of course we know that he never surrendered any attributes of deity. Philippians 2: 5, 6 says, “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:” Jesus emptied himself, so we could be filled. Jesus suffered, so we could go free. Jesus died, so we could live. Jesus became poor, so we could be rich. Jesus gave all, so we could gain all. I say. “Praise God to the name of Jesus.”

 Thomas saw the miracles of Jesus while he was in the form of man, while he was in the flesh. But he could not wrap his mind around the fact that he was man and he was God. Many have that same problem today. The religious cults believe he was a good man, even a prophet, but they will not accept the fact that he is God. If they did, they would follow his word. The liberals who run this country believe that Jesus was a good man, and a miracle worker and a prophet, but they will not accept his deity. They will not give in to the fact that Jesus is God. BUT THEY WILL!!! By the way, I invite you to help me today to bring that crowd to their knees. Please get to the poles and vote to run that Bible denying, Jesus hating, Holy Ghost despising, sin loving, devil worshiping crowd, out of office and out of town on a rail. Please do your Christian duty.

Thomas finally came to the place where Jesus wanted him. He saw the nail scars, he felt the wound in his side. He saw the resurrected Savior. Can you see him? Can you see him as Stephen did in Acts 7? Verse 56 says, “And he said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.” Oh friend, can you see him as Thomas saw him that day? Thomas finally saw him as Lord. He gave testimony to the fact that Jesus is Lord. Whether you accept it or not, God has made Jesus, Lord of all. Acts 2: 36 says, “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.” Romans 14: 9 says, “For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and the living.” Thomas finally accepted the Lordship of Christ. Have you accepted his Lordship? Thomas also acknowledged Jesus as God. Only God's blood can wash you clean enough for heaven.

The greatest day of my life was the day that I turned away from Rick, turned to Jesus and said, “My Lord and my God”, five words that will change your life.

Have A Blessed Day!!!

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.