Tuesday, December 16, 2014

IN THE WORD DAILY
with Brother Rick

Hebrews 12: 8, 9
  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof ye are all partakers, then ye are bastards, and not sons.
V- 9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

In this text, we find the evidence of our spiritual family membership. We have family in the flesh. We have mothers, fathers, some have siblings, and aunts and uncles. We acquire these fleshly families simply by being born of their flesh. Our text says that we who are saved are part of God's spiritual family. It's not a fleshly family, it is a spiritual family, but it's family just the same.1 John 3: 1 says, “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.” Through the blood of God's own Son, we have been offered entrance into God's family. And the evidence of this membership is that he treats us like family, HE CHASTENS US. We know that God is our Father, because he whips us when we rebel against his word. We know that God is our Father, because he disciplines us when we do wrong. God never accepts our rebellion, he never condones our sin, he never overlooks our transgressions. God takes the switch and beats us back into submission. This is a Bible fact.

The text reveals the proof of sonship. Those who teach that God loves and never chastens, have never known the God of the Bible. Those who teach that God only pampers and loves and gives kisses and fairy tale dreams, are living in a fairy tale dream. God chastens those that he loves. God corrects his children in a way that gets their attention. Sometimes its a whisper. Sometimes its a stern voice. Sometimes its a loud yell, and sometimes its the rod of correction, depending on our rebellious state. But one thing is for sure. God NEVER overlooks our rebellion to his commands. The text is very direct. If you are a son, God chastens you when you do wrong. If you are without chastening, and there is not conviction. If your sin has no moral bearing in your heart or conscience, then you are a bastard and God is not your Father, that's the proof. When the liberal crowd says they are happy in their sin, and God is fine with it. They are deceived by the devil and God is not their Father.

The text goes on and makes a comparison of the fleshly Father with the heavenly Father. We all have fleshly fathers, they may not be around, they may not have had a place in your life, but they are real. And unfortunately, some have walked away from their fatherly responsibilities. But, our heavenly Father is alive, he is real, and he is very much a part of our lives. In fact, he is watching you right now. He knows your thoughts. He sees your motives. He understands your next move. And his desire is for you and me to have the very best of this life and the life to come. But we are his children and we represent him. We are part of the family of God, and the world knows it. Do you represent your family well?

Once, while I was out in sin and living for the devil, my fleshly father told me he was ashamed to call me his son. At the time, it didn't mean much, I did what I wanted to do. But as I look back, I see that I was a disrespectful, degenerate child, and deserved punishment. I have tried over the years since I have been saved, to restore that relationship with my earthly father. And I never want to lose that again. Its the same with my heavenly Father, I want him to be proud to call me son. 2 Corinthians 5: 20 says, “Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.” Will your actions today, put a wedge between you and God? Will your words today bring chastening from your heavenly Father? Will your attitude today bring shame and reproach to God the Father? I know God loves me because he chastens me when I do wrong. He wants the very best for me and that takes discipline.

He's still working on me.

Friends, If the heavenly Father doesn't chasten you when you sin, I would take out my birth certificate and make sure you have the right father. Here's the question of the day;
Who's your daddy?

Have A Blessed Day!!!

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.