Tuesday, December 30, 2014

IN THE WORD DAILY
with Brother Rick

Revelation 4: 1, 4, 10, 11
  After this I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
V- 4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
V- 10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
V- 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour, and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

As we finish our devotions this year; just like my life, I want to finish right. I will not dare to get into an expository study in this book, but we cannot leave Revelation without covering some highlights. And these verses contain the big ones.

First, in verse 1, the Bible says that John was called up, or caught up into heaven to see the future events, such as the Tribulation Period, the Millennial Reign, the Final Judgments, and the Revelation of New Jerusalem. I believe verse 4 is a picture of the rapture of the church. The previous scriptures contain letters to the seven churches which also represent types and pictures of churches throughout the generations leading up to the Laodicean church which we believe to be the present day church. If you study this letter out, you will find it to be SPOT ON. We are the lukewarm church; not hot, not cold, just going through the motions of religious activity. And Jesus is calling from the OUTSIDE. Revelation 3: 20 says, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in unto him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” If I could say one thing going into this new year, “Friend, find yourself a church that has their focus on JESUS!!” Not the sports programs for the kids, not the fancy rock music and the big screens, not the mega scene with the grand lights and coffee bars. But find you a place where you can grow in the WORD OF GOD!! Despite how you feel, despite what you believe, despite what your family thinks, If it don't line up with the HOLY BIBLE, it is not from God.

Back to the text, notice what happens when we are raptured out of here. Yes, I believe we will see loved ones, but that is not the focal point. Yes, I believe we will have glorified bodies. 1 Corinthians 15: 51- 53 says, “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.” Yes, we will have glorified bodies, no more hurting, no more disease, no more pain, not more suffering. Caroline Blackwell is not suffering this morning, she is with Jesus. Buddy Smith is not suffering this morning, he is at the feet of Jesus. Both of these folks left this world yesterday and put on the incorruptible. I kind of envy them this morning.

What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon his face,
The One who saved my by his grace;
When he takes me by the hand,
and leads me through the Promised land
What a day, glorious day that will be.

Now we get to the meat of eternity, the purpose of this life and the life beyond. We see the four and twenty elders doing what we should be doing now and forever more. They are at the feet of the Lord praising his name. Friends, we will spend all of eternity praising God and the Lord Jesus Christ. Why wait until then? Why not start praising him now?

 JESUS IS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED!!!


Have A Blessed Day!!! 

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.