Monday, August 5, 2013

Jesus Has Rescued Me

Romans 7:24-25 – “O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

In a message by Rev. Richard Fairchild, he asks, “Who will rescue me ... who will rescue me from the aimlessness of my life? who will rescue me from my pain and loneliness? who will rescue me from the negativity of the world? who will rescue me from myself?” Then he answers with ways we attempt to rescue ourselves. “Again, hoping against hope, some of us turn to religion, we turn to the values and principles taught to us on our mothers’ knees and we try to live our lives by the ten commandments and by the laws taught to us by Moses, Jesus and Paul.”

“But like Paul - we end up finding that this does not work either, we find that the good that we would like to do we do not do and the bad that we would not do, we end up doing anyway. Like Paul we find that there is a kind of war going on inside us, And deep down we end up saying with him - What a wretched person I am!  Who will rescue me from this body of death?" Brothers and sisters there is a better way, - a better way than the quick fixes offered by the wise psychologists on the supermarket stands, - a better way than that which is offered to us by a religion based on do's and don'ts, laws and regulations.”

Where will we find the answer? The answer lies not in the wisdom of this world - not in the psychobabble self-help books put out by the worldly wise – not in the ivy-covered halls of academia – not in the cloistered walls of dead religion.  Where will we find the answer? We find it in the pages of God’s Word – we find it in the person of Jesus Christ – we find it in the passion of Christ’s love – we find it in the perfection of God’s plan of salvation.  “Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Jesus Has Rescued Me

Living for Jesus has been such a thrill,
Doing His bidding, obeying His will,
Spending a lifetime for Jesus above,
Spreading the story of God’s precious love.

Once I was living in aimless despair,
No one to guide me, not one soul to care.
Life seemed so hopeless – in sin I did stray.
Then Jesus touched me and washed sin away.

He gives me grace to sustain me each day.
His grace is sufficient to keep me always.
Now I’ll live for Him in all that I do,
Thanking Him daily for His love so true.

Jesus has rescued me from sin and shame,
Given me everything through His Holy Name.
All that I do for Him will never repay
What Christ did at Calv’ry that wonderful day.
© 2006 Paul Stultz

Quote – “The mightiest man that ever lived could not deliver himself from his sins. If a man could have saved himself, Christ would never have come into the world.” – D. L. Moody

"Lord, Thank you for rescuing me from the slave market of sin. The bonds of sin were strong - so strong I couldn't resist on my own. But through your grace I have been rescued.  Amen."

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.