Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Hiding Place

Psalm 32:7 – “Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.”

Have you ever seen a small child who is scared by a dog or some other frightening thing?  He will run to his mother or father and hide behind their legs, knowing that it is a place of safety.  Or even better, he will run to Mom or Dad and cry to be picked up in their arms, the ultimate place of safety.  He knows that if he can reach that place of safety, everything will be all right.

Or have you ever seen the reaction of a child in the middle of the night when thunder begins to roll and lightning to flash?  Where do they run?  They will run straight to Mom and Dad’s bed and hide beneath the covers.  They recognize that as a hiding place from any frightening thing that might be around.

David recognizes that we have a hiding place from all the frightening things of this life.  We can run to our heavenly Father, the Lord Jesus Christ, and there find a perfect safety from anything this world can throw at us.  We also find this in Psalm 119:114, “Thou art my hiding place and my shield:  I hope in thy word.”

My Hiding Place

I have found a hiding place in Jesus Christ my Lord.
To me He giveth comfort as I rest upon His Word.
Now I know the blessed peace that only He can give
As I trust in His dear Name and in His presence live.

When the burdens of this life seem, oh, so hard to bear,
My world comes crashing at my feet, and no one seems to care.
Then I look for Jesus’ face – I run to Him and hide.
There I lean upon His breast as in Him I abide.

The friendships that we have on earth are precious to be sure,
But there is none that can compare to Jesus’ love so pure.
He’s a Friend that stays so close, much more than earthly kin.
He teaches me His love when I His new life do begin.
© 2006 Paul Stultz

The songwriter in desperation cries, “Till the storm passes over, Till the thunder sounds no more, Till the clouds roll forever from the sky, Hold me fast, let me stand in the hollow of Thy hand.  Keep me safe till the storm passes by.”  Oh yes, my friend, we run to Him and hide every chance we get.  And whenever we do, we find ourselves “Sheltered safe within the arms of God.”

And just as that parent takes pleasure in offering protections to his frightened child, so the Heavenly Father takes all the more pleasure in protecting all His children.  Christ said to a wayward Jerusalem, “How often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not.” 

He wants to, but so often we will not!

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.