Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Read the Word

1 Timothy 4:13 – “Till I come, give attendance to reading.”

I read once of a couple who tried to teach their children the importance of reading the Bible. When their oldest son left for his freshman year at college, his parents gave him a Bible, assuring him it would be a great help. He was, of course disappointed that they didn’t give him money.  Later, as he began sending them letters asking for money, they would write back telling him to read his Bible, citing chapter and verse. He became exasperated with their constant hounding, so he would reply that he was reading the Bible--but he still needed money. When he came home for a semester break, his parents told him they knew he had not been reading his Bible, for they had tucked $10 and $20 bills by the verses they had cited in their letters. 

Paul tells young Pastor Timothy to keep up his Bible reading, for it’s there that he would find answers to all the issues of life.  Let’s look at some of them: (from an e-mail I received)

You say: “It’s impossible.” God says: “All things are possible.” Lk 18:27 – “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”

You say: “I’m too tired.” God says: “I will give you rest.”  Mt 11:28 – “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

You say: “Nobody really loves me.” God says: “I love you.”  Jn 3:16 – “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son.”

You say: “I can’t go on.” God says: “My grace is sufficient.”  2 Co 12:9 – “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.”

You say: “I can’t figure things out.” God says: “I will direct your steps.”  Pr 3:6 – “In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”

You say: “I can’t do it.” God says: “You can do all things.”  Ph 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

You say: “I’m not able.” God says: “I am able.”  2 Co 9:8 – “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye … may abound to every good work.”

You say: “It’s not worth it.” God says: “It will be worth it.”  Ro 8:28 – “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God.”

You say: “I can’t forgive myself.” God says: “I forgive you.”  Ro 8:1 – “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.”

You say: “I can’t manage.” God says: “I will supply all your needs.”  Ph 4:19 – “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

You say: “I’m afraid.” God says: “I have not given you a spirit of fear.”  2 Ti 1:7 – “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

You say: “I’m always worried and frustrated.” God says: “Cast all your cares upon ME.”  1 Pe 5:7 – “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”

You say: “I’m not smart enough.” God says: “I will give you wisdom.”  1 Co 1:30 – “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom.”

You say: “I feel all alone.” God says: “I will never leave you or forsake you.”  He 13:5 – “For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”

Quote – “Within the covers of one single book, the Bible, are all the answers to all the problems that face us today--if only we would read and believe.” Ronald Reagan 

"Lord, Thank you for your precious Word. Help us to dive into it every day. Teach us through its pages.  Amen."

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.