Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I've Been Redeemed

Romans 3:24  – “Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:”

Dr. Scofield tells us in his notes that the word redemption means “to deliver by paying a price.” He continues by saying the “completed truth is set forth in the three words which are translated ‘redemption’.”  The first one means literally “to purchase in the market.”  We are purchased in the slave-market of sin and the price paid is the precious blood of the Redeemer.  The second word translated redemption means literally “to buy out of the market.”  This implies that we will never again be exposed to sale.  The third word translated redemption means literally “to set free by paying a price.”  Christ has set us free by paying the ultimate price for our redemption; He sacrificed Himself upon the cross, shedding His innocent blood to meet the payment required for our sins.

I’ve Been Redeemed

Oh what a wonderful Saviour is mine.
He washed my sins all away.
He has redeemed me by His precious blood.
Now I can sing all the day.

I cannot fathom the depths of His love,
That to the cross He would go.
He who was sinless for me became sin
So that His blessings I’d know.

How can I thank Him for His wondrous grace
That on me He did bestow?
I can live for Him and tell of His love
Everywhere that I shall go

I've been redeemed by the blood of Jesus;
He paid the price to restore my soul.
He gave Himself to be my pardon,
And through His death I have been made whole.
© 2006 Paul Stultz

Yes, the price paid was the precious blood of the Eternal Lamb.  No other price could be exacted.  We were in bondage in the slave-market of sin – yet, the price was too high for us to purchase ourselves.  If we had all the wealth of the world at our disposal, we would not have enough to purchase redemption.  Only the Lamb of God, who knew no sin, could purchase us out of sin.  “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain . . . (Rev 5:12).”  And again, “Thou art worthy . . . for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood (Rev 5:9).”

“Hallelujah, what a Saviour, who can take a poor lost sinner, Lift him from the miry clay and set him free; I will ever tell the story, Shouting glory, glory, glory, Hallelujah!  Jesus ransomed me.”

Quote – “If man had his way, the plan of redemption would be an endless and bloody conflict.  In reality, salvation was bought not by Jesus' fist, but by His nail-pierced hands; not by muscle but by love; not by vengeance but by forgiveness; not by force but by sacrifice. Jesus Christ our Lord surrendered in order that He might win; He destroyed His enemies by dying for them and conquered death by allowing death to conquer Him.” A.W. Tozer

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.