Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Shades of Night, Streams of Light

Isaiah 42:16 - “And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight.  These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.”


We have God’s promise that if we would only trust in Him, He would take all our darkness away and replace it with light – the Light of the world – the Lord Jesus Christ.  We can praise God with the hymn writer, “I once was lost but now am found – was blind but now I see.” 

Yes, if blindness represents the bondage of sin, then we are indeed now able to see if we have taken the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour.  If darkness represents spiritual “lostness,” then we are now truly found in Him.  If once we wandered in total darkness, then now we revel in the Light of His dear Son.
Shades of Night, Streams of Light

The blackness of night engulfs me round about –
‘Tis a darkness that weighs heavy on the soul.
I’m assailed on every hand by fear and by doubt –
Of my innermost thoughts I’ve no control.
In the blackness I grope for something to hold,
For something to help steady my way,
But waves of confusion around me unfold,
As I helplessly grope through each day.

Continuous heartache is brought on by the shades.
All seems so hopeless in the gloom.
It gets to the point where life itself fades –
The bitterness pronounces its doom.
I search and I search to be rid of the sorrow,
But there is not one soul to care,
And it finally seems there’s no hope for tomorrow,
And I feel that I’m lost in despair.

In the midst of the storm a ray of hope shows –
‘Tis a far-reaching glimmer of light
That lays open my soul as it steadily grows
Dispersing all shadows of night.
The light seems to teach, it continues to stream,
Instructing me how to believe.
It’s trying to guide through its soul-searching gleam,
If its wonders I’d only receive.

As I open my soul to its wonderful power,
The light seems in richness to grow,
As within my heart it continues to flower,
And I bask in its radiant glow,
I’m reminded of all the terror and strife
That marked my inglorious past,
And then I reflect on its eternal life,
And I marvel, “I’m happy at last!”
© 2006 Paul Stultz

Quote – “Let us never forget that light must first be imparted to us, or it can never go forth from us.” – C.H Spurgeon

"Lord, Thank you for the light of your glorious gospel that one day shined upon my soul and showed me my great need.  Help me to ever walk in that wondrous light and dispel all the darkness from my path.  Amen."

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.