Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Praise Ye The Lord

Psalm 150:6 – “Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.”

One Sunday evening soon after the New Year in 2012, Bryan Galloway gave this testimony before the church:  “I’m glad I’m saved tonight.  I don’t want it to get too quiet.  I’ve been in some places that just get too quiet.  Heaven’s going to be a loud place, Doc.  I’ll grant you, it’s going to get loud – it ought to get a little loud around the house of God.  I’m glad I’m a part of a family that believes it ought to be loud.

You say, ‘Well I don’t know so much about that.’  Well cut the book of Psalms out of your Bible then.  That’s right, that’s right – the book of Psalms begins by saying Blessed is the man – that man’s on the receiving end of something from God.  But the book closes by saying Praise ye the Lord – God’s on the receiving end and we’re giving Him the glory for all the blessings that transpired in our life.  You think about it, the book of Psalms is the most extensive book in the Bible, is it not? 150 chapters – and what’s its theme? Praise Ye The Lord!  That lets me know that the Holy Ghost inspired men to praise God more than he did anything else. 

Think about it – yessiree – I’m glad I’m in on that!  Praising God’s not a strange thing – it’s not a strange thing – and praise is not only vocal, it’s also visual.  You study it out – it’s a visual thing.  You say, ‘I can praise God in my heart.”  Well that’s a little weak – that’s a little weak.  It’s great, and it’s commendable – but that’s pretty weak.  I like something with some strength about it, don’t you?  And boy, does He ever deserve all our strength, all our might, all our praise, all our worship.  I mean as we start every new day, man, I’d like to be found praising Him.  I really would – I’d like to be found praising Him.  I’m not worthy to tote hog guts to the woods to feed the bears – I’m not – I’m not worthy.  But I’m glad that I’m not praising Him because I’m worthy, I praise Him because He’s worthy.  That’s right – He’s worthy!  Hallelujah!”

Then the Galloway Family sang this song:

Praise Him
This could be the hour we've been waiting for.
This might be the dawning of that day
When the trumpet sounds and all the clouds roll back,
And we see the King of Glory as the saints all start to Praise Him,
Praise Him, Praise Him for the blood that made us free.
Just in case this is the hour of our Lord’s return,
Oh I’d like to be found praising Him for saving me.

In the next few moments if we’re called away,
We will meet inside those eastern gates.
We’ll see angels step aside and fold their wings –
For the angels cannot join the blood-bought singing Praise Him,
Praise Him, Praise Him for the blood that made us free.
Just in case this is the hour of our Lord’s return,
Oh I’d like to be found praising Him for saving me.
Author Unknown

Quote – “There cannot be any peace where there is uncertainty.” – D.L Moody

"Lord, Thank you for being worthy of all praise.  Thank you for saving us from our sins.  Help us to love you more - help us to praise you more.  Amen."

"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.