Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Resting Place

Psalm 119:97 – “O how love I thy law! It is my meditation all the day.”

Do you have a favorite place to go where you can “get away from it all” – a place where you can forget about all the concerns of the daily grind and just rest and relax?  Do you ever curl up with a “good book” and get lost in its pages?  Do you ever get so involved in the story you’re reading that it seems you’re living it along with the characters? 

God’s Word is such a place.  It is the ultimate “Good Book” that teaches us everything we need to know about life.  In its pages we find instruction for everyday living.  We find the Lord Jesus Christ manifest to us in such a way that He seems to be speaking just to us. 

All we have to do is “love thy law” as the psalmist suggests.  If we will love the Word of God and meditate in it all the day, He will give us all the promises that His Word makes.  Psalm 1:2 tells us, “But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.”  Again the psalmist tells us, “Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them (Psalm 119:165).”

My Resting Place

I have found it comforting to have a place to go,
To have a peaceful resting place in this old world below –
A place where naught can bother me – a place of beauty rare –
Where I can leave all worldly fears in Jesus’ loving care.

Yes, it’s very comforting to rest there in His arms,
To get away from all my cares and from all fearful harms.
I find this place in God’s true Word, where all my sorrows cease.
It gives me pause to find Him there in everlasting peace.

I find in there His promises that always ring so true –
I find His wondrous words of love each one which speaks anew –
I find a joy there interposed that keeps me singing out –
I find a peace so perfect that it makes me want to shout.

And if we’ll ever lose ourselves within the Holy Writ,
We’ll find ourselves within His Will and never want to quit.
He’ll give us love and joy and peace and every promise dear,
If we will claim that resting place and keep Him ever near.
© 2006 Paul Stultz

Quote – “Saving faith is an immediate relation to Christ, accepting, receiving, resting upon Him alone, for justification, sanctification, and eternal life by virtue of God's grace." – C. H. Spurgeon

"Lord, How I love you for what you are to me - for taking care of all my needs - for giving of yourself through the Word - for the joy and peace that come our way when we put our trust in you.  Amen."



"He Knows My Name" - MVBC Young Ladies Trio

Ravenna Kennels

If you go to this website, http://www.ravennakennels.com/, you'll find beautiful German Shepherd dogs. If you're looking for German Shepherd puppies for pets, for showing, for training or any other reason, please contact us at info@ravennakennels.com.